Asbestos was thought to be innocuous for many years. That is because an asbestos fibre is microscopic in nature. The fibres are only .01 microns thick. That is around 18,000 times thinner than a strand of human hair. Therefore, the very small and deadly fibres need to be removed by a professional removal service.
What to Do If You Believe You Have Found Asbestos
If you believe that you have found asbestos is your home, do not touch any part of the material. Make sure that you keep pets and children from the area as well. Call an asbestos removal company immediately. In the interim, do not dust, vacuum, or sweep away any potential asbestos debris.
Preparing a Site for the Removal of Asbestos
When you use the best asbestos removal services in Reigate, you can be assured that the removal process will be correctly performed. Specialists in the field prepare for a removal by taking several precautionary steps. These steps may include the following:
- Disabling electrical or HVAC systems
- Installing decontamination enclosure systems
- Sealing any openings with duct tape and plastic sheeting
- Vacuuming with a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter on immovable objects to prevent any asbestos from escaping into the air
- Sealing immobile furnishings or items with duct tape and sheeting
- Covering the surfaces where removal will not be performed with sheeting
- Posting warning signs at the site
- Cleaning the area using a HEPA vacuum
When disposal is facilitated, it involves sealing asbestos waste in leak-proof containers. The waste is then properly removed to a disposal site for asbestos materials. Vehicles that transport the waste must follow certain safety mandates as well.