Regardless of whether you happen to be opening a brand new branch or relocating after the expiry of your last lease agreement, it’s important to make sure you select a location that can accommodate not only your in-house employees, but also the all-encompassing vision of your business.
So, if you’re in the market for offices to let in Harrogate, for instance, the onus is on you to scrutinise the local landscape with a critical eye before signing any type of long-term agreement, especially if you’d like to ensure an adequate assortment of onsite provisions, features, amenities, and facilities for your workforce.
Fortunately, you can use this brief article as a checklist of sorts to help you check all of the local office parks, business centres, and corporate squares, so feel free to refer to it as an introductory guide during your research efforts.
When it comes to establishing a desirable dynamic within a modern workplace, curb appeal, visual charm, and opulence all play big roles in terms of how people view and internalise a given environment. Therefore, it’s in your best interests to find an office park with the following aspects and characteristics:
- 18+ acre park grounds
- 70+ onsite offices
- Stylish, contemporary architecture with bespoke handcrafted wooden elements, modern carpeting, and professional office furniture included.
- Anti-glare soft lighting solutions
- Secure free parking
- Fresh air and open space around the structure (as opposed to a concrete jungle)
Of course, having access to a beautiful, well-maintained location is essential and significant, but it’s also important to seek out the very best technological provisions and equipment as well, especially when considering the fact that modern business revolves around interconnectivity, streamlined communications, and high-speed data transfers.
As such, you should be on the lookout for the features shown below:
- High-speed fibre optic internet connection
- CAT5 cabling for modernised data, telephone, and info-tech hook-ups
- VOIP communications framework
- BT landlines not required
- On-demand network support
The most renowned office parks tend to go above and beyond from a safety and security perspective, which is why you should make sure every location on your shortlist features the following aspects:
- 24/7 onsite security guards and sentries
- Electronic gates for after-hours access
- Key-card or tag access for all security passages and entryways
- Comprehensive alarm controls
- Ample street lighting
- Emergency floodlights
In order to truly separate the contenders from the pretenders, the last phase of your research should focus on the obscured, often ignored facets of a viable 21st century office space:
- Flexible lease agreements, which include rent, utilities, insurance, cleaning, and maintenance within the standardised monthly fee.
- Onsite kitchen areas with refrigerators, microwaves, and other pantry provisions.
- Outdoor seating with various benches and picnic tables.
- Landscaped gardens that are always well-maintained and appealing.
- Accessible countryside trails for walking, running, and cycling.
With this valuable information at your disposal, you’re ready to begin evaluating and assessing the local business parks like a true professional!
Don’t forget to print out this brief editorial and bring it with you to your onsite visits and consultations, for it will help you stay focused on the aspects that truly matter.